||Location: Lums Pond State Park, Bear, DE
Distance: 3.8K (2.4 Miles) for FULL. 1.9K (1.2 Miles) for LONG HALF™.
Conditions: 67 degree water temps; no current; no waves
||Location: Lums Pond State Park to Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE
Distance: 180K (112 Miles) for FULL and LONG HALF™.
Conditions: Very flat and fast!
||Location: Cape Henlopen State Park to Rehoboth Beach & Back
Distance: 42.2K (26.2 Miles) for FULL. 21.1K (13.1 Miles) for LONG HALF™.
Conditions: Flat, Fast, Scenic; Asphalt and Crush & Run; Partial Shade
||Expected Registration Date: 12/1/2016
Opening Price: Under $500
Relays: Yes (Only for the FULL Triathlon and the LONG HALF Triathlon)
Aquabike: Yes. Choose FULL (2.4 Swim, 112 Bike) or LONG HALF (1.2 Swim, 112 Bike)
Duathlon: Yes. Will be Bike/Run format (start with Bike).
Swim only: Yes
Race With a Friend Discount: Yes (Only for Triathlons and Duathlons)
Choose under Additional Options when signing up online
Entry Fee Refund Insurance: $40. No refunds unless you purchase this. Will refund 80% of Entry Fee Only if requested at least 48 hours prior to race start.
Swim Warm-Up and Safety Clinic: $17 on Friday at 5:30pm
Vehicle Valet Service: $95. If you cannot have a friend or family meet you at the finish line, we will arrange to take your vehicle from start to finish line. You can then drive home from there. :) Venue is only 80 miles from start to finish via major highway (1 hour and 20 minutes to the beach).
Bike Valet Service and Shuttle: $95. For those who do not have a ride back from the finish line back to the start line, we will shuttle your bike back to the starting area. Although, the shuttle is free for athletes back to the starting line, this fee covers the packaging and handling of your bike. Upon your eventual arrival back to the starting area, your bike will be there waiting so you may drive home from there. Shuttle service being planned every 2 hours starting at 7pm until 1am. If racing with a friend, and you both need shuttle back to the starting line, be sure to select in drop down the maximum quantity of 2 (one for each bike).
Donations: Always welcomed to donate to volunteers. Choose $20 or $50. You may choose Multiple Quantities of these amounts. Thank you in advance!!
|Tell me how…
Some quick answers on how the point to point logistics will work
Transition Setup: All bikes will be racked morning of race. We will not be providing overnight security for bikes.
T1 Gear: We will be providing labeled bins for your use at T1 to place your swim items (wetsuit, goggles, caps) and other favorite items (towel, drink) and will transport to the finish line in designated space for your retrieval when you finish race.
T2 Gear: During packet pickup, will be providing labeled bins for your use at T2 to place your Run items (shoes, race belt, run bibs, run cap, etc.), other favorite items (towel, drinks, your favorite pre-run snack), and recovery items (flip flops/clogs, sweatshirt, jeans). We will transport to the finish line at your designated race space. Don't worry, we'll be providing you with many reminders and precise procedures. We will take care of you.
Getting Home: We anticipate many of our Piranhaman racers to have friends and family to cheer them on at the start and finish line. The finish line is only 80 miles to the beach via major highways. However, if you are unable to arrange for a friend or family to meet you (i.e. - drive your vehicle) at the finish line, we are offering a Vehicle Valet Service OR Bike Valet Service and Shuttle. See above under additional options. One of these additional options is required if you do not have anyone meeting you at the finish line - only choose one if necessary.
If you drop out: We will transport you to the finish line where your items are awaiting for you at T2 and Designated Area (T1 Gear). But please do stick around to cheer others around and join in the post race festivities which is ongoing all day long.
Draft Legal: This is a draft legal course. Flat, fast, and non-technical course. Triathlon or Road Bikes are allowed with aero bars. Some guidelines will be offered at a later date such as consideration of being in drops when drafting, slowing down at turns, and limiting draft train (6 or less individuals). As always, it is the responsibility of each athlete to operate their cycling safely.
|Cut Off Times…
Below are cut off times being planned. Once in place, we will adhere to strict cut off times. Management reserves right to adjust course and times as necessary.
Swim: 2 hour 20 minutes. With start time of 7:00am, the last swimmer should be out of water by at 9:20am. There will be a half way cut off time at the 1.9K mark of 1 hour 10 minutes. This will allow time for bike course cut off times below.
Bike: Finish by 5:30pm. Throughout the course, there will be cut offs on the point to point with average speed of less than 14 mph. Flat and fast course. Draft legal. Triathlon Bikes allowed.
Run: Must be on run course by 5:45pm.
Finish: 12 midnight.
- “metricman™ - a metric measured course and the international standard for long distance triathlons."™
- 226 m/m™ refers to the distance in Kilometers (226K). Therefore, Piranhaman™ is considered a FULL Triathlon Distance or a “metricman™” event.
- 203 m/m™ refers to the distance in Kilometers (203K). Therefore he LONG HALF™ is considered a “metricman™” event.
Important Information About Race With a Friend™ - applicable for certain race types (FULL Tri or Du or AquaBike; and the LONG HALF or Du or AquaBike).
- Will be turned off on 3 Wednesdays prior to event (9/27/17) so we may process numbers for Race With a Friend. This feature will not be available for registration after this date.
- THIS IS NOT A RELAY. For two separate individuals to do the exact same race together.
- All Race With a Friend participants are eligible for same set of awards as other participants including other division racers (i.e. - overall, age groupers, clydesdales, athenas, physically challenged) who start in separate waves.
- Race With a Friend™ (2 People) - Pick a partner and compete together!! You can pick a friend, partner, family member, or first timer. "You and a Friend" will be assigned numbers next to each other and placed in the same wave start time (last wave assignment) for the race! Have you and your partner do the following:
- When registering online, you will be the "Team Captain", your partner/friend will be the "Team Member"
- The "Team Captain" will register first, creating a "Team Name", "Team Password" and paying the full registration fee (discounted savings of 20%).
- The "Team Captain" then shares the "Team Name" and "Team Password" with their partner/friend, and the "Team Member" will then register for the race. If you and/or your friend/partner/first timer happen to belong to a club, do select this from the club drop down list as well so as to score for your club your points in the Club Challenge Program.
- The "Team Member" will choose the "Team Name" from a dropdown, and must enter the "Team Password" to register.
© 2015 Piranha Sports. All Rights Reserved